Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Uncle Harry's Natural Products -Jojoba Cream Review

My boyfriend is really into vitamins and protein supplements. So I find myself accompanying him to such stores that sell these types of things. These stores almost always have a beauty aisle with all natural make up and shampoo and etc. But I usually don't buy any beauty products from these stores, because they are usually overpriced. But when I went to my first vitamin store here in Washington, I felt like everything was on sale since I'm so used to the inflated prices of California vitamin stores.  So I finally decided to pull the trigger and buy some face cream.
 
 
This face cream was around $6.00 for 2 oz.
 
You always hear about jojoba oil in creams and hair products, but jojoba cream? Never heard of it. The store had a tester and it felt soft enough, but a lot of the products in there don't really have any information on what they are meant to do. As you can see in the photos, all this really says is that it is moisturizing. Once I got it home I did some research on jojoba cream, and apparently it is good for moisturizing acne prone skin. By pure chance I picked something that would be good for my combination skin.
 
 
 
 I have been using it for about a month now, and I really like it. It is lightly moisturizing, and I think it has made a difference in the amount of acne I get on a daily basis. It works well under normal foundations and face powders. But it is too dry for me when I wear it under Revlon Colorstay.
 
 
 
 
 It feels really weird when you first apply it, because it feels like Crisco. It is slightly solid, yet really greasy feeling. That greasy feeling transfers to your skin. But after it dries, it sets to a nice finish that is neither oily or dry. In this photo you can see the two different textures to the cream- oil and solid.
 
 
 
As winter approaches, my skin is starting to get more and more dry, so for the last few days I have been layering more moisturizing creams on top of the jojoba cream. It is creating a good balance for my combination skin. But because of this, I would not recommend this for someone who's skin is really dry. I think it's best for combination and normal skin types, and definitely for those with acne.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment