Friday, October 4, 2013

Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

$9.99
Light/Medium
Ulta
 
As a long time lover of the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, I don't know why it took me so long to try this concealer. But I finally did, so here goes the review!
 
I wear a 240 in the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, so I thought Medium would be the right shade, but I usually buy a shade lighter for my under eye concealers, so that's how I ended up with Light/Medium, which is perfect for me. The packaging for this concealer is like a Stila Lip Gloss, you have to click up the product by twisting the bottom. Sometimes this can be annoying because it is hard to control how much product comes out. The sponge tip has a soft texture, but it is hard and doesn't feel nice rubbing it under your eye. You really need a light hand not to hurt yourself with it. The concealer itself is very thick and creamy, but once it sets, it become very dry.This makes it last all day. I have to make sure that I wear eye cream when using this or the concealer will crease and get all dry. If you have oily skin, this will work really well. If you have super dry skin, I'd say just stay away from it all together.
I tried using it to cover blemishes and worked pretty good. I actually applied it over my foundation, applied powder, and then put a second coat of concealer on. And it didn't budge ALL day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I look really pale in this photo, but I've had the concealer on for 8 hours and you still can't see my dark circles.
 
Overall:
I really like this concealer, I just wish the sponge tip was softer (more like the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer). Other than that, it is a really good heavy duty concealer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment