Friday, October 4, 2013

Walgreens Lip Balm - EOS DUPE

$2.50 (or $2.79 I can't remember, sorry )
Walgreens
As far as I can tell, this is the only flavor they are currently offering.
 
 
Here it is! The first dupe for the EOS Lip Balm that I have seen. I would have just looked right past it, however the thing that actually made me stop and buy it is the scent, Watermelon. I love watermelon but I really love love love love love watermelon candy. It's weird but I actually prefer the weird artificial flavor or scent of watermelon rather than the real thing. So I had to have this, and it did not disappoint. It smells like watermelon candy - YUM! And the packaging is so cute, it's green on the outside and pink on the inside just like a real watermelons
.
Okay, so other than the shape of the package, it's not really similar to the EOS balms. It's made out of this super cheap feeling plastic which is smooth, making it hard to get a grip on and open. The EOS balms have a nice slightly rubbery feel to them and they are super easy to open. The dome of product is smaller and there is a bit of a plateau. The texture isn't like the EOS balms at all, it's more creamy and slippery, whereas the EOS are a bit more waxy. Which makes the EOS a better candidate to be worn under lipstick.
 
 
 EOS Strawberry on right for size comparisons.
 
 
 
Overall:
 -Formula = I like both formulas for different reasons, but I think if I had to choose, I would go with the EOS.
-Flavor =  I love this watermelon flavor and the EOS balms have been hit or miss with me (I hate the tangerine but love the blueberry and mint). 
-Packaging = Cheap and bunk.
 
 
 
 
~
 
 Wait, that's not right ha ha. They actually don't fit together...
 
but these do! Isn't this cute, I swapped the lids for my Strawberry and Blueberry EOS lip balms. 
 I just did it to be silly, but I like it so much, I might start carrying them around like this!

1 comment:

  1. The regular flavors are watermelon & strawberry. I was in Walgreens tonight & they had a container on the beauty counter with holiday flavors in it. Berry Frost, Candy Cane & Sugar Cookie. Also they are bogo free until Nov 27. :)

    ReplyDelete