Monday, February 3, 2014

Dollar Store Fake Nails

$1 at The Dollar Tree
 
 
I have had good experiences with Drug Store glue on nails in the past, and I was thinking of heading over to Rite Aid to pick out a new pair. But while at the the Dollar Tree, I noticed this fun and wild set of nails.
 
 
Often times when I see really cheap glue on nails, they are super small and meant for children. I have average sized nail beds, and these looked like they would be big enough. Actually, they ended up being a bit too big. The largest thumb nail, is GIANT. So I used the 10 smallest nails. Each one is just slightly too big, and felt like it didn't fit the round of my natural nail while gluing. But I am happy that none of them cracked. I have had $8 glue on nails crack in the middle when they were too large for the nail bed I was trying to glue them to.
 
 
 I used my usual nail glue that I got from Rite Aid (Pro 10 Professional Nail Glue $2.99). Yes they feel very cheap on the nails, like they are just a bit to thin, and slightly sharp. They need to be filed just a bit to soften them up so I don't accidentally scratch my face. And the rainbow animal print is a little bit faded around some of the edges. But for a dollar, I like them. I think I prefer the quality and selection of the brands offered at drugstores, but I would definitely try another pair from a dollar store.


No comments:

Post a Comment