Monday, February 3, 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

 
 $6.99 at Walgreens
 
 
This is a primer for your skin that is supposed to help fill in your pores to give you the look of baby skin. It is a clear silicon gel that glides on smoothly and feels incredibly soft. In my hand, it feels similar to every other clear face primer I have ever tried. But when I apply it to my face it feels ever so slightly slippery. I tried two different application techniques for this. One day I applied foundation directly after the primer. Another day I let the primer set for about 15 minutes before applying foundation. I received the same results on both days. Initially, my skin looked like my pores were smaller and felt very soft. After about 4 hours, my skin became shiny and looked less flawless, but it still felt soft. At around 8 hours, my skin was still soft and the shine was still present, and the coverage of my foundation looked as though it was breaking down. 
 
 
There are no claims for this product to make your foundation last longer, but that is usually an intended use for a face primer. So I expected this primer to do that, but it didn't. I have combination skin, and this made my skin look more oily. It would probably do better for someone with dry skin looking to add a smoother finish to their foundation routine. But for me, it just made my foundation fade quicker in exchange for a few hours of smoother skin. I don't plan on using this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment