Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas

This year my family is doing a sort of Secret Santa to help reduce the cost of Christmas since we all spent so much money on going to my brother's wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico last month. So since I have far fewer gifts to give this year, I decided to take the time to really jazz up the wrapping. Here are the first two gifts that I have wrapped.
 
 
Let's start with the wrapping paper! I got it at Michael's a few days ago. It was 50% off. The beige one is so universal, it will go with any color ribbon. I just couldn't resist the animal wrapping paper (foxes and raccoon, how sweet!)
 
 
 
 Next is the ribbon. I got these for Buy one Get on free at Michaels. They were $2.99 originally. They are from the brand "Celebrate It".
  
 
 
 
I then bought some fun gliterry fake florals from the wreath section of Michaels. All of these were 50% off as well.
 
 
I used the gold leaves and dark purple berries for these gifts today.
 
 
After wrapping the gifts and tying the bow, I cut off some stems of the gold leaves and used a hot glue gun to adhere them to the bow. Then I tucked in the purple berry and glued that to the ribbon as well.
 
 
 
 
 For this gift, I also glued the stems to the ribbon. I included the green leaves on this one, so cute!
 
 
These took me about 15 minutes from start to finish. But honestly, most of that time was me arranging and re arranging the florals until I liked the way they look. I think my next batch will be much quicker.
 
 
What is your go-to wrapping style for Christmas?
Quick & simple with gift bags? Or do you brave the double sided tape and wrapping paper? 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I would look really good with real pine tree too!

    They have tree scraps at Home Depot where they sell trees. I made a wreath out of it. And now I'll be using it to accent my XMas gifts!

    THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete