Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Balm Cabana Boy Blush

Ahhh, Cabana Boy... where have you been all my life. If only this blush didn't look so frightening in photos, I could have owned it ages ago and been happy. Cabana Boy is a dark burnt rose colored blush. It is definitely dark, and not for the faint hearted, or the fair skinned. I found it a bit scary when I first swatched it after purchasing it online. I was sure it was going to be too dark for me but when I applied it, I fell in love. I'm quite pale right now, and it looks good, so I'm thinking it will look even better in the spring/summer time when I'm tanner.
 
 
 
It is such a nice blush that helps make your face look contoured and a bit more tan. This blush is not matte, because it has just a little bit of a sheen to it. But it can still be paired with a highlighter without looking like a disco ball. As with the other blushes by The Balm, Cabana boy is very pigmented, lasts all day and blends easily. It was one of the best formulas for a blush I have ever come across.
 
 
And the packaging!!! It's so cute, I love that each product has its own little scene on the cover. Each blush comes with a mirror too. It is a cardboard case with magnetic closure, and comes with a paper sleeve to help protect it. I have never had an issue with any The Balm blush opening up in a cosmetic bag.
 
 
Since I bought them together, I wanted to compare Cabana Boy to Pinstripe Instain. As you can see in the swatch, Pinstripe is darker and looks slightly more plum. But because they are so close, if you own one of them, you probably don't need both. So if the color is appealing to you, just pick which formulation you like better, regular powder blush for Cabana Boy or the super pigmented "stain" powder of Pinstripe. Please see my review on Pinstripe here.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment