Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Balm Instain blush in Argyle

The Instain line of blushes from The Balm are supposed to be long wearing and act as a powder stain on the cheeks. I find their regular blushes to be quite long wearing already, so it's funny that they came out with blushes that even surpass those in terms of lasting power. Argyle is described on the website as a petal pink. This is one of those colors, that anyone can pull off, but probably looks best on people with pale skin and warm undertones. 
 
 
I purchased this blush online, but if I had been in a store to swatch, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought it because I own so many blushes that look like this. There is nothing unique about this shade, and there are a lot of dupes out there for this color. However, there are not a lot of dupes out there for this type of product. The color payoff is INSANE. So if you don't have any blushes in this color, and you like long lasting blush, then this is the one for you.
 
 
All of the Instain blushes I have tried are over the top pigmented. The swatch on my finger below is basically just a tap on the powder. Because of this, they are a little hard to apply at first. It's best to use a large brush and lightly tap as much surface area of the brush on the powder and then start blending that onto your cheek. Blending is your friend because it is really easy to go overboard with these. But when applied just right, you will have perfect blush ALL DAY LONG! I don't think these actually stain your skin, because they come off easily without leaving any residue behind. If you like really natural looking blush, I don't think these are your cup of tea, because even when applied with a light hand, there is just so much color on your face. I love these, but wouldn't use them with a really bold eye look because it would just be too much in your face competing for attention.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment