Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette

I have had this palette for quite a while and I have been reaching for it more and more lately. I purchased mine through Hautelook, but you can also get it here. As you can tell from the name, it is a palette consisting of 9 matte eye shadows. The palette is quite large, measuring 4x5 inches. But it comes with a giant mirror. I have taken this with me on vacation, and propped it up and used the mirror as a mini vanity.
 
 
 These shadows apply GREAT. They are very easy to blend, and last forever. For the darker shades, a little bit goes a long way. But the lighter shades need a few extra layers. The palette has a magnetic closure. I have never had any issues with it opening up in a make up bag during travel.
 
 
  
Matt Johnson is a deep navy. Almost so dark it looks like a soft black on the eye.
Matt Garcia is a reddish brown. Like a dirty brick. It is gorgeous, and a really unique color.
Matt Malloy is a dull white. I used to hate it, but it has grown on me as a lid shade.
Matt Rosen is a perfect nutmeg brown. wear it in the crease any day.
Matt Wood is a chocolate brown. Darker and more pigmented than MAC Brun.
Matt Singh is a pastel pink. I have zero use for this shade on my eye, but I have worn it as a blush.
Matt Abdul a great grey that can cool down any neutral eye look.
Matt Lombardi is a butter yellow. EW, dud of the group.
Matt Hung is a greyish purple.
 
 
 
 My favorite shades are:
Matt Garcia
Matt Malloy
Matt Wood
Matt Hung
 
 
 This is not the most diverse palette ever, but all the shades minus Matt Lombardi are completely wearable. I think that almost anyone would be able to get a lot of mileage out of this palette.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors on this palette, but I'm not one for matte colors, do they offer any shadows with a little shimmer? Love the packaging, that's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they have two other eye shadow palettes that have mostly shimmer shadows. I think I'll get one the next time the Balm is on Hautelook.com

      Delete