Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Balm Down Boy Blush Review

This blush normally retails for $21 here, but I got mine a while ago during an even on Hautelook. The Balm is featured on that site every few months, so keep an out for it if you are interested in their products.
 
 
Down boy is a traditional powder blush. It is a light baby doll pink. It looks so fair in the pan and in swatch, that you would think it was only meant for super fair complexions. So when I first received it in the mail, I didn't even try it on. I had it for about a month before I actually wore it. And it creates just a subtle flush on your cheeks. I am wearing it in the photo below, and it looks quite natural.
 
 
 
 
I have worn Down Boy in the summer when I have been quite tan. I have been wearing it more lately as I'm getting more and more pale in the Washington winter.
 
 
 
As with all The Balm blushes, Down Boy comes with a small mirror. The packaging is super cute, with a magnetic closure.
 
 
 
The swatch above is one quick swipe. It is very pigmented, but blends out easily to a natural finish.
 
 
The details to their packaging is always fun!
 
 
 The swatch above it two swipes, below I blended it out a bit with my finger. Because this blush is so pigmented, I really advise you use a big fluffy blush to apply and be sure to blend.
 
 
 
 All the balm products come with a cardboard sleeve that matches the compact. I usually end up tossing it, because its just an extra hassle when reaching for the product. But it will help keep your products clean.  
 
 
 
I really do love this blush. I have never tried a product form The Balm that I didn't love. I wish the brand was more accessible(available in store for swatching).
*As I mentioned above, I bought this at discount on Hautelook. However, I think it is absolutely worth the full price tag. But why spend more money when you could save a little?
 
If you haven't tried The Balm yet, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment