Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Balm Instain Blush in Pinstripe

I bought this blush online, and it was really hard to tell how dark it was going to be based on the photos. So when I opened it up for the first time, I almost didn't even swatch it. But if you read my review of Cabana Boy, you'll know I felt the same way about that one, and now I love it! So I gave it a try. Pinstripe is a deep brownish plum shade. I love plum blushes and I love brown blushes, so I should love this, and I do :)
 
 
I actually find it to be one of the easiest blushes to wear from the Instain line. Because of the depth of color for this shade, it's almost impossible to look clownish. But since this is an Instain Blush, you have to apply it with a light hand. The light sheen to the blush is beautiful and helps this shade to blend in better to the cheek bones. I like this blush with a cool tone highlighter.
 
 
 
I found that this blush goes with almost any shade of lipstick. I've started thinking of it as a neutral blush, isn't that crazy. But it's because it suits my skin tone so well. I really need to stop being so afraid of dark blushes.
 
 
 
 
 
 When swatching and photographing The Balm blushes, I noticed that Pinstripe and Cabana Boy are really similar. They are close enough that you probably don't need to own both. So just decide if you want long lasting (Cabana Boy) or super long lasting ( Pinstripe).  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*All of the Instain blushes I have tried are over the top pigmented. The swatch on my finger above is basically just a tap on the powder. Because of this, they are a little hard to apply at first. It's best to use a large brush and lightly tap as much surface area of the brush on the powder and then start blending that onto your cheek. Blending is your friend because it is really easy to go overboard with these. But when applied just right, you will have perfect blush ALL DAY LONG! I don't think these actually stain your skin, because they come off easily without leaving any residue behind. If you like really natural looking blush, I don't think these are your cup of tea, because even when applied with a light hand, there is just so much color on your face. I love these, but wouldn't use them with a really bold eye look because it would just be too much in your face competing for attention. (I copied and pasted this from a previous post on Instain blushes.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment