Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Physician's Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls Blush- Natural Pearl

$11.99
Available at Ulta
 
 
Natural Pearl is a shimmery pink/rose blush. The lid has a pearl glued on the top, which is sort of cute. The product in the pan is gorgeous, and the texture is not going anywhere quickly. I have had this blush for a while, and have used it about 25 times.
 
 
As with most Physician Formula products, this one comes with the hidden mirror and brush. I never use these brushes, and I think the flip-able pan of blush makes the packaging flimsy. I wish they would skip the hidden compartment and just give a more sturdy compact(others like this have broken in my make up bags). Even if it kept the product at the same price. Speaking of price, Physician's Formula is on the higher end of drug store make up brands. I usually only purchase products from this brand when they are on sale or clearance. They have discontinued the best product this brand ever made (gel liner stackable cubes), so not counting that, as a whole I do not think that their products warrant their high price tags. Not because of quality, but more because of originality. I don't feel like Natural Pearl blush is at all unique. Nor do I find any other products I have purchased from this line in the past to be unique.You could find a cheaper version of this shade from NYX, Wet N Wild or Maybelline. However, when they can be found on clearance, it is a good beauty find.
 
 
As you can see from the swatch, the blush is well pigmented and blends easily. It has great lasting power and the shade is complimentary. I find the name "natural pearl" to be misleading. The shimmer and vibrancy of this blush are anything but natural. So be careful not to over do it. This blush would look good on any skin tone, and it  stands well against oily or dry skin.
 
 
 Overall:
I like this blush. But I wouldn't pay full price for it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the color of that blush but the shimmer looks a bit scary. Is it really overpowering?

    I totally agree, their best product was the gel liner. I told 3 co-workers about it and they loved it too, but now it’s gone! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the shimmer to be just enough, not to need a separate highlighter.

      Delete